Maurita is an instructor at Pacific Rim College and teaches about the politics of industrial foods systems and building the local food economy. She is the former Executive Director of LifeCycles Project Society, a Victoria based food sovereignty organization. She is passionate about helping resource poor no-profit organizations have big impacts in the communities they serve. She currently lives in the Comox Valley with her family where she is trying to strike a balance between local food work, parenting and play. Maurita is super excited to be part of the DGFN team and can’t wait to dig in.
Lee works with organizations to strategize, take advantage of change, and prove impact. Lee has worked with and alongside hundreds of non-government organizations in a variety of contexts, living and working in seven countries since 1996. He is currently the director of Development Action, a co-owner of theDock Coworking Centre for Social Impact, Associate Faculty at Royal Roads University and an instructor for the UNHCR, and is probably running after his little girl while you are reading this.
Diana brings a world of experience to DGFN. She is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Victoria, a Co-founder and Affiliate of the Ginger Group Collaborative and currently operates within Living Learning Systems as an ‘animateur’, integrating her experience as a consultant, teacher, manager, coach, mentor, and facilitator to:
- Discern and enable leadership learning that leads to wise action
- Generate dialogic learning that gets results
- Build a relational self -directed culture in which collaboration and innovation flourish
- Convene, and enable community initiatives
- Engage in participatory planning and action research.
“It takes a village.” We hope to expand our village of talented do-gooders in a myriad of ways. From food and beverage sponsorship, to partnered marketing efforts, interested experts who can help us think with our non-profit client and other core team members. Want to join us on our mission? Please get in touch!
We are grateful for the partnership and collaboration of these fine organizations:
PROCESSES WE LIKE
Doing Good For Nothing isn’t working in a vacuum. There are a number of similar organizations and processes out there to help. Here are a few we particularly like!
- One Net Nights – “Give us your tech, marketing or design problem for a night—so you can get back to making the world a better place.”
- Once a Quarter – similar to DGFN, but focused on broad engagement for strategic planning sessions. Headed up by the wise folk at Calliope Learning.
Want to contribute your space, consumables, skills or funds to our big-hearted process? Let us know!